WHAT TO SEE AND DO IN AND AROUND MARINA BEACH?
Nestled between Southbroom and San Lameer lies the quaint village, Marina Beach the “Jewel of the South Coast” of Kwazulu-Natal. As history goes, the village was named after the late Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.
Along with offering year round warm climate, Marina Beach can boast one of SA's Blue Flag Beaches. The Blue Flag is an international annual award given to those beaches which meet and excel standards set in safety, amenities, cleanliness and environmental awareness.
- The beach has Lifeguards all year round and the tidal pool is there so that kids and the not so adventurous can bathe.
- Mariners Restaurant can be found on the beachfront and has a reputation for great seafood.
- Margate is a 10 minute drive from Marina Beach for shopping and entertainment. Why not try one of the many restaurants to be found or to boogie the night away in one of the night clubs.
- For those that like to try there luck at winning a million, the Wild Coast Casino is 20 minutes from Marina Beach.
- For the golfing enthusiasts there is an array of choice just nearby, Southbroom, San Lameer, Wild Coast, Margate and the list goes on all within easy driving distance. You are certain to find a course that will test your ability, from the beginner to the seasoned pro.
- For the nature lovers, Mpenjati nature trail is nearby. Oribi Gorge is gorgeous and is home to the “Wild 5”.
- To those of you that are thrill seekers there can be no bigger adrenalin rush than on the “Wild Gorge Swing”- the highest swing in the world from the top of Lehr's waterfall. The 100 meter arc high above the gorge floor leaves you breathless.
- The Sardine Run, a phenomenon once a year that comes through the South Coast is an amazing experience.
- The marine wildlife, Whales, Dolphins, Sharks and Sea Birds can not be matched anywhere in the world and with all this marine activity, the fisherman come out to catch plenty of Shad, Bream and maybe even the odd shark or two.
Start your holiday on the right foot - start it at Marina Beach.
With a large portfolio of Self Catering flats and houses, Marina Beach Letting is sure to have holiday accommodation that will suit your needs.